Monday, May 10, 2010

My change and the Little T's that follow.

My views on what I thought was my "Big T" never really changed. I always knew that I personally had my own Big Truth and I would never enforce that on someone else. I believe that living according to my Big Truth will be revealed through my actions, but simply because I feel that you can see patterns within a person's life. I guess in some ways I am similar to Aristotle, in that he categorized trees and plants and came up with names. Whereas I enjoy watching the patterns of others and, not indefinitely categorizing people into one group, but just being able to see the likes and dislikes of everyone, it's fascinating. (Especially listening to the different ways in which people learn, kinesthetic, visual, and auditory.)

I have always felt that each and every "Little T" made up my greater whole of the bigger truth. Little T's are attainable, yet they can always be changing to suit the issues of the present. But the roots of my Little T's lay within the respect for others and trying to understand their point of view to see how I could apply changes to my own life to better myself. As difficult as this can be, it is interesting to learn new perspectives from all sides of the spectrum of life.

I enjoyed this class, I'm really going to miss the class discussions. :(
Thank you Dr. Griffin for being the amazing woman you are, and so creative with your classes!

No comments:

Post a Comment