Saturday, May 8, 2010

A semester's thoughts, condensed.

I really, really enjoyed looking at different philosophical perspectives in film. I think now when I watch anything I'll be more able to happily take note of particular philosophical ideas when they're presented.

Anyway, extra credit :)

I think the biggest thing I've noticed this semester is just how danged entrenched we are in the Mythos vs. Logos and truth/Truth debates. We haven't progressed far at all! We also don't really know (truly know) what reality is. We know so much, yet know nothing at all. How interesting. Personally I still think there is a big T, but there are a bunch of small ts that point to/are part of the T; I don't think people's varying opinions on things makes a dent in how reality carries on. But hey.

One thing I wished we'd talked about a whole lot more is love-- what it is and what it means or does to us. I'm still of the mind that it's the most important thing in the world-- it reinforces one's value and encourages people to be creative and explore the world we're in. It's more than a feeling, as a favorite band of mine put it.

No comments:

Post a Comment